My Facebook timeline has been flooded recently with sped-up video tutorials for simple but amazing looking recipes (apart from ‘tikka breakfast naan bread’ – which looked revolting!!). This Banoffee Biscuit Balls one had me salivating and as I knew the boys would be up for anything sweet, I thought as a treat we’d give it a go.
The ingredients were simple:
- 400g digestive biscuits
- 250g caramel (plus a bit extra for drizzling)
- 1 banana, broken into pieces
- chocolate 200g
- We started by popping the biscuits into a sandwich bag and using a rolling pin to smash them up. The boys LOVED this bit!!
- Next we put the smashed up biscuits into a bowl, and added the caramel and the banana.
- We used a fork to mush the banana down a bit and mix everything together
- When everything was blinded together we used our hands to make balls, putting them onto a plate.
- We then put the balls into the freezer for 15minutes.
- Next we melted down the chocolate. We did this for 60seconds in the microwave (stopping after 30seconds to stir).
- We dipped the balls in the melted chocolate, sprinkled a few biscuit crumbs on top for decoration and placed them on some greaseproof paper.
- They went into the fridge to cool until the chocolate had set.
And TAH DAAAHHH!!
Freddie: “Amazing – I love love love them!” Score 5/5
Xavi: “They’re too sweet. Freddie, you can have it” Score 4/5
These were super simple to make and were soooo tasty. However, we all agreed that they were quite rich and even me with the sweetest tooth in town could only handle one!